Bardell Real Estate Logo




Time to search for Orlando Properties for Sale is now!!! The benchmark 30-year fixed-rate mortgage slipped to 4.08 percent from 4.1 percent last week, according to the national survey of large lenders. One year ago, that rate was 4.44 percent. Four weeks ago, it was 4.1 percent. This is the third weekly decrease in a row. The mortgages in this week’s survey had an average total of 0.29 discount and origination points.

30-year mortgage rate drops below 4%

Mortgage Rate Trend Index

No industry expert polled this week by expects rate drops over the short term, but two out of three (69%) predict no change. The remaining 31% foresee an increase.

WASHINGTON – Nov. 21, 2014 – Freddie Mac’s weekly mortgage rate survey found that average rates for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage again dropped below 4 percent, ending the week at a lower 3.99 percent.

If you’re planning to buy a home, start looking now for Orlando Properties for Sale; as been advised by Freddie Mac Chief Economist Frank Nothaft in a video commentary: “If you’re planning to buy a home in the next year, it’s better to do it sooner rather than later,”

The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) had an average 0.5 point for the week; last week it averaged 4.01 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.22 percent.

The 15-year FRM also fell this week. It averaged 3.17 percent with an average 0.5 point, down from last week’s 3.20 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.27 percent.

And the 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) also fell this week. It averaged 3.01 percent t with an average 0.5 point, down from last week’s 3.02 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.95 percent.

The 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.44 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, up from last week’s 2.43 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.61 percent.

© 2014 Florida Realtors®