7 Tips to Increase the Value in Your Home
If you are considering selling your home in the near future or simply just want to add some spark to your home, our Bardell Team has a few tips to make your home sell for top dollar, or to ‘wow’ your guests.
- Fix All Repairs: Fix your leaky sink in the guest bathroom and replace the cracked tile in the kitchen. These are little details that home inspectors will discover and will then depreciate the value in your home.
- Apply a Fresh Coat of Paint: This is a simple task that will make your home look, smell and feel newer and more welcoming to guests and buyers.
- Replace Flooring: Depending on the type of flooring you choose, this task doesn’t have to cost you a ton of money. For example, replacing the carpet in rooms that need it can be affordable and make your home look cleaner and more appealing.
- Add Some Landscaping: You typically want to add some landscaping that is relatively easy to maintain. This will enhance the initial first impression of the home by making it look more appealing from the moment buyers pull up to the home.
- Upgrade: Add as many upgrades as you can. even if you don’t have the money to replace the toilet and shower, replacing the decor and wallpaper could instantly make your home look more appealing.
- Create A Welcoming Entrance: Consider replacing your old and perhaps outdated front door to make home initially feel more welcoming and pleasant.
- Add Lots of Lighting: Adding lamps and higher powered light bulbs is a simple process and will instantly brighten up your home and make your rooms look and feel larger and more spacious.
These are just a few simple things that you can do to freshen up the look and feel of your home. If you have any questions about how to prepare to put your home on the market, our Real Estate Professionals are ready and willing to help. Contact our office today, you will be glad you did!